Reading Kingdom Review

Teaching children to read can be challenging for parents because it requires patience and discipline. Al is in pre-kindergarten now, he is almost five, and he is still learning how to read.
I was ambitious with Al, I introduced him to alphabets when he was 18 months old, by the time he turned two, he recognized all the letters, both lower case, and upper case. With his progress, I was certain that he'd be a reader when he turns three, but that was not the case.
The thing is English is not my first language. I researched different methods of teaching reading, from memorizing to phonics, unfortunately, the progress was slow and we both struggling. Particularly, alphabet phonics and it confused me to teach him to read words, as a result, it slowed down our progress significantly.
I know I should take it easy, he is only four, and the average age of children when they start to read is five to seven years old. However, I thought it would be beneficial for him to know how to read at an early age, therefore I went on with my research to find one method that will work for us.
I found the Reading Kingdom, it is a specialized website to help parents or teachers to teach children how to read. The website has it set for us, from the daily routine to the student's report. Prior to learning, Al had a placement test to see his skill and find the right level for him.  For at least four times a week, we do our practice for about 15 minutes a day. The learning material is interesting, almost like a game for him, it is not boring at all, in fact,  he looks forward to it every day.
The website has a report section to see his progress, which is great, so I can see his progress and provide assistance accordingly.
We've been doing the reading practice for almost a month now. I can see the progress, Al has memorized some words and he can sound the new words. He still needs a lot of practice, which is why I subscribed for a year, and hopefully, by the time he is in the kinder garden next year, he will be a fluent reader by then.






Komentar

Postingan Populer