Winter Skin Care

December is here, winter is just around the corner. The weather is changing, the temperature has dropped, and it is cold and windy outside.
This is a perfect hot chocolate, fuzzy socks and heavy moisturizer season.

Talking about skincare, as a person who spent most of herlife in a tropical country, I did not know about  warm and cold weather skincare. I thought what I put on my face in the summer can be applied in the winter time too.

Well, must admit that I was wrong. In the summer time my skin is normal and a bit oily, and in the winter time it is dry and dull. This year I am starting to pay attention to what my skin need, and selecting skin care that works best for me, and yet still pretty much following my 5-6 skincare layers routine in less than 10 minutes (yup! you read that right). Oh also, all the products I use are (almost) breastfeeding friendly. Here we go!



1. Make up remover
First thing first, I use this Nourishing Omega from Elemis. I choose oil to remove my make up, because it works best for me. I've tried different make up remover, from cloth, wipes, to micellar water, still oil based cleanser really removes the makeup, from foundation to my stubborn mascara. It works like a charm, I don't even need to rub it, just wipe it and all the products will melt away.

2. Cleanser
Second step is cleanser, it is important to make sure that there is no residue of the make up on my face, also to get rid of the make up remover oil off my face. I know some people have their favorite cleanser, but I don't. I have tried different brand, and to be frank, I love most of it. However, I prefer one for sensitive skin, without added fragrance and natural ingredients. Currently, I am using sensitive cleansing wash from Elemis. This cleanser is gentle on my skin, it does not leave my skin dry and tight after using it, but it cleanses thoroughly.


3. Toner
I never care about toner until I tried it. I remember my mom used this old school set of milk cleanser and cucumber toner, I tried it when I was in high school, oh how I despise it! old school toner is just alcohol with fragrance, it stung my skin and left it dry. Nowadays, toner has more calming ingredients, some has less to no alcohol ingredients. My favorite is Korean toner, such as faceshop, missha or skinfood. I feel like they know what they are doing. They use natural ingredients with calming effects, that really help to soothe my skin. Now, I am using this beauty elixir from Caudalie. I started to use products from Caudalie when I was pregnant. Caudelie's products are using natural -plant based ingredients so it was pretty safe for me. During my pregnancy, their products helps me to reduce hyperpigmentation, after pregnancy, I feel like I need a more potent product, so I stop using some of their products. However, I keep using this beauty elixir. It helps to tone my skin, and tightens the pores. It does give an instant boost of radiance. In addition, I use this same elixir to set my make up, to lock it and makes my makeup less cakey.


4. Serum
I have heard about Good Gene All in One Lactic Acid from Sunday Riley, some women swear by it that it works wonder on their skin. I decided to tried it after read and research differrent skincare and beauty forum. I had some samples, so after used all the samples for a month. I noticed that my skin looks and feels better. Prior to Good Gene, no matter what product I used, I felt like those products can only keep my skin well-moisturized for 30 minutes and after that the dry patches returned. After using Good Gene, no more dry patches. This serum works wonder, it expoliates, hydrates and plumps my skin. Too bad, it is not cheap, so I tried to find alternative products with similar ingredients. I tried Lactic Acid from The Ordinary, after 3 weeks, I realized that it did not work well, I have tried different brands with lactic acid, still they are not as good as Good Gene. So I'm  sold, now I use it diligently. Good thing is a little goes a long way, and I use it once a day, at night time, so I hope it last forever (I wish). I am still waiting this serum to get rid of darks spots, yes I still have some that are pretty stubborn. Overall, this serum works great on my skin.

5. Face Oil
I intentionally skipped moisturizer. I feel that the Good Gene Serum covers the need to use more products. It is such a waste to use anything after the serum, I really did not want to mess the work of the serum, that how much I trusted it. Then, I got a sample of Luna Oil, and oh boy, never knew I need it before. This sleeping oil is less oily compared to other facial oil, and I have used different kind of oil (Rosehip pressed oil, marula oil, argan oil, jojoba oil, you name it). This oil blend contains retinol, which makes it more potent. After use it for a month now, I feel my skin is improved. It works wonder on early signs of aging, the fine lines (I have lines on the corner of my eyes), uneven texture and dullness. I generously using it on my neck (I can see my age written well on my neck), yes, please dont forget your neck. With the Good Gene serum, this dynamic duo, works excellently. I see some improvements and I will buy a full size product as soon as I finish up the sample. 


6. Eyelashes Booster 
For years I got frustated with my eyelashes. After my first pregnancy 4 years ago, my lashes became short and thin. Mind you, I had long and thick lashes before pregnancy. I was thinking of getting lashes extention, but never done it because I heard so many horror stories plus it is expensive and only lasts for two weeks. I tried magnetic faux lashes, but stopped after got frustated of how hard it is to put it on, and once I managed to put it on my lashes, it looked so fake and silly, so nope!I gave up. When I first moved here and met other moms, most moms have beautiful long lashes, I just had to ask them, the answer was lash booster!! oh my, I thought lash booster was a big scam. After done some researches, I decided to try Lash Enhancer/ lash booster from Revita Lash. It has excellent rating and it is affordable (compared to similar products with similar result). I started to use it, diligently, on my lash line (just like when applying eye liner) everynight started in May 2018, and by September 2018, my lashes improved significantly, it is definitely longer and thicker, the result is real, it's insane!. Because my lashes were long and thick, I started to use it every other day, and bloop!! it started to look short and thin again, darn it! I asked my friends about it, they said it is just the way it is, I just have to use it regularly to maintain the lashes, it is annoying, but what can you do, need to keep it long and thick.



7. Lip Balm/ lip mask
These sensual lips need a treatment too. I use any lipbalm that I have on hand. My current favorite is this sleeping lip mask from Laneige. I love the smell, I love how it keeps my lips well-hydrated while I am sleeping.



8. Body lotion
To wrap it up, I slather body lotion on my body, hand and foot. My skin is dry now, and when it is dry, my eczema might flare up and it's not gonne be pretty. I love fragrance free gentle lotion/ cream such as Cetaphils, Vaseline or Aquaphor, but sometime when I want to feel like a queen, I use one with subtle fragrance, I love the des vignes nourishing body lotion from Caudalie. Body creams from The Body Shop  are still a hit for me specially the morocan roses and jasmines one, I also love this honeysuckle body lotion from Mrs. Meyer. Oh, also, I use this affordable jade face roller I found on Amazon, it works nicely on my face, give that face a little massage to keep it supple and relax.


That's all folks! that's my winter skin night routine. It looks like it is a hardwork, but I assure you that this hard work paid off well. Although it requires 8 steps, but it only takes me 7-10 minutes everynight. Dab-dab, slap-slap, rub-rub and I am done for the night. Beauty sleep, beautiful people!




Komentar

Postingan Populer