Summer Essentials 2018 (plus my skincare routine)

It's mid-June and it's getting hotter here. Kids are out of school and there are so many activities to do!
Eventhough, I feel like doing nothing, I just want to hang out in the Jacuzzi and drinking coconut water all day. In between study, chores, work, running errands and mommy-kid activities, I have to say bye-bye to "me time".

This summer, with two children, I keep everything simple. Including my daily "get-ready and to go" things. I dont have time to do my morning 7 layers-Korean skin routine, my regime will only include face wash (just water), essence and moisturiser. On daily basis I rely on foundation with SPF 50. This is important to protect my face from the sun, as much as love the sun, as I am getting older, skin protection is my top priority. My favorite is Neutregena compact make up. This foundation is lightweight, but buildable. It gives that "glow" but not oily (I have dry skin but pretty normal during summer time), it stays all day. I've been using it for a little over a month, I like it a lot, the price is also reasonable. The only con is that there is only little product, so it lasts only 2 months if I am lucky. I will put mascara on and wear this Lipgloss from Covergirl. I am over matte liquid lipstick now. I think it is way too "heavy" for summer, this lipgloss keeps my lips well-moisturized. It has natural red tint, but it is barely there so I'd add a little pink or red lipstick to layer it. Before I leave the house, I'd spritz my summer favorite perfume, Aqua Coraline from Thyme, the scent is sweet and refreshing, it reminds me of the sea.



Aqua Coralline Thymes
Neutrogena Compact Make Up, I've been using it for over a month now

Cherry Lipgloss



My summer night routine is more elaborated, it's important as my skin is exposed to the sun all day long, so I need to calm it and revitalize it. My night time routine will include face wash from Burt's bee, snail essence from CORSX, C.E.O serum from Sunday Riley, and night cream from Origin. I want to share a little about C.E.O serum, I've been using it for 3 months now, diligently, but I am not trully satisfied with the result, I have hyperpigmentation on my cheek due to pregnancy, I thought this serum will help me get rid or fade it, but it's not, the dark spots are still there. I dont know, maybe I dont use it long enough, but I must say, it brightens up the overall tone of my face skin, so I dont know whether I am still going to use this, or  find alternative serum (thinking of trying the Ordinary products)

should I try different serum?


I dont have to tell you how unprotected exposure to the sun might damages and ages your skin fast. Skin protection is my top priority, so on daily basis, I lather tons of skin lotion on my body, gotta take care of my biggest organ. This summer my to go body lotion is Eucerin, it has 15 SPF, good for daily use, I love their product! It keeps my skin well-moisturized, although it will be a little sticky, but hey! it delivered. If I am going out in the sun I will apply Aveeno Baby Sunscreen, 50 SPF. It is mineral based Sunscreen, that is safe for baby with sensitive skin, I love Aveeno, and it works well.  In addition to that, I apply this rose powder I got from Montecello house, this rose powder smells heavenly, I use it night time, just because, I love the scent and it absorbs sweat well.

This is my family's suncreen

this one too

I just love this powder, it's vintage


Now, for fashion. I just keep everything simple; shorts and shirts are my to go, summer dresses and maxi dresses are great for weekend, when I feel like dressing up. I would add kimono cardigan to step up my outift. For summer, I love this pineapple bag, I got this from Amazon, unfortunately the products are sold out, I dont know when it will be available. I love it, the size is perfect, it is cute and fun. It's big enough to keep my essentials (my wallet, cellphone, and small beauty pouch). 

this is too cute


Now, I am so ready to enjoy this humid, hot but fun summer time.

#summerskincare #summertime #summerstaples




Komentar

Postingan Populer